Korea: Useful Companies, Organisations and Blogs
This page is a bit more random, a collection of various useful things, sites, lists of large companies etc. first up:
- Ask a Korea – “The Korean” answers questions about Korea and posts them up on his blog. It’s a fascinating look into Korean culture.
- Waygook – The biggest forum for people living in Korea. It’s active and incredibly useful.
- Korea4expats – A collection of articles and information on pretty much everything in Korea.
- Official Visit Korea Site – If you’re trying to plan trips the official website of the tourism office is a good place to start looking.
Korea Government Public teaching programs
- EPIK - The largest English public teaching program in Korea.
- GEPIK - Gyeonggi-do has its own public teaching program separate from EPIK.
- TaLK - This program has the same purpose as EPIK but it's for under-graduates.
Large Private English language companies who teach in Korea:
- Avalon English Schools
- Berlitz Adult English Schools
- CDI English Institute
- ECC Schools (Division of YBM)
- GNB English Schools
- Kids College English Schools
- Korea POLY Schools
- Language Club International (LCI Kids Club Schools)
- Maple Bear Korea
- Wall Street Institute
- KOTESOL – By far the largest professional organisation for English teachers in Korea. They are split into ten regional chapters for different areas of Korea.