Public ELEMENTARY, MIDDLE & HIGH School Positions Available EPIK Spring 2017
EPIK is the most prestigious educational organization inside Korea. It is known & respected globally. The positions are available in all of the metropolitan cities (Busan, Daegu, Incheon, Gwangju, Daejeon, Ulsan & Sejeong) & provincial (Gangwon, Chungnam, Chungbuk, Gyungnam, Gyungbuk, Jeonbuk & Jeju) locations
- Start date: FEBRUARY 26TH, MARCH 26TH & APRIL 26TH 2017. All contracts are for 1 full year.
- No. classes: 22 classes per week. 1 elementary class = 40mins, 1 middle school class = 45mins & 1 high school class = 50mins.
- Working times: 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday. No weekends.
- Contract: Click here to download a sample employment contract
Korean Horizons is an official provider of teachers for EPIK (nationwide), SMOE (Seoul), GEPIK (Gyeongido), Incheon Metropolitan City (IMOE), Busan Metropolitan City, Gyeongsangnamdo & Chungcheongnamdo provinces. We provide government public schools for the peak seasons of March & September and also we provide government public schools for the off season periods as well. We have public schools positions throughout the entire year.
We are owned & operated by UK nationals. We are a registered company in South Korea.
We can communicate with you easily & understand your needs - whether this is your first time or if you have had experiences here before.
With a Korean company, your preferences will be lost in translation. Never will you be misunderstood by us.
We will do our utmost to assist you before you come & throughout your entire employment contract here in South Korea.
Unlike all other recruitment companies, when you arrive in Korea, we will meet you, provide you with a hotel & ensure that you arrive safely at your school. We will be available throughout your entire contract.
You'll also get the introduction pack shown here.
- Pay: 2.0m to 2.95m won. It depends on your resume, whether you desire city or countryside location & also if you teach in more than 1 school (with the total number of classes at 22 per week split between them.)
- Tax Information: In accordance with Korean Tax laws. American & South African citizens are able to become tax exempt for 2 years. Other countries can too, but you must pay income tax in your home country if you supply the required residency certificate, therefore making it better to pay tax in South Korea. Canadian & Irish citizens cannot become tax exempt in South Korea.
- Pay day: 25th of each month, no exception.
- Settlement allowance: 300,000 won onetime payment.
- Vacation: 18 working days paid days.
- National holidays: Yes & paid for.
- Flights: 1,300,000 won provided for inbound flight & 1,300,000won provided for outbound flight. If your flight is less, you save the difference!
- Housing: Single, furnished, rent-free provided.
- Medical: 50% contributed by your employer, 50% contributed by you.
- Pension: 50% contributed by your employer, 50% contributed by you. American, Canadian & Australian teachers can get 100% back at the end of the employment contract.
- Sick leave: 11 working paid days.
- Special leave: 7 calendar days unpaid.
- Severance pay: Equal to one month's pay, provided at the completion of the employment contract.
- Arrival: We will pick you up from the airport & provide you with accomodation for the evening. The following day, we will assist you to the education office / school.
- Other benefits: Introduction pack (including book on teaching “The Practice of English Language Teaching”, a Lonely Planet Travel Guide, a Lonely Planet Phrasebook, English/Korean dictionary, & other goodies.) Please click here. We will also provide you with a detailed map of the city.
In order to qualify for the Korean teaching visa you must:
- You must have a bachelors degree.
- You must be a native english speaker
You need to have the requirements below:
AND one of the following sets to apply:
Please head to our website and apply here, quoting "EPIK PS"
Send your CV and covering letter to [email protected].
We will then contact you. If you do not receive a confirmation, please check your junk email folder file.
You can read a full description of the application process here.
** Please note: couples must be married in order to be accepted for the public program. **