English teacher wanted in King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals
KING FAHD UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM & MINERALS
DHAHRAN, SAUDI ARABIA
EFL/ESL/EAP Instructor/Lecturer Positions
2-year Renewable Direct Hire Contracts
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to apply for the post of instructor/lecturer on the KFUPM Preparatory English Programme, a foundation course for technical disciplines. Faculty are contracted for 20 contact hours per week plus 5 hours administrative and tutorial duties.
- Competitive salary
- Tax-free compensation
- Rent-free fully furnished and maintained on-campus housing
- Free utilities
- Free phone, and cable TV connectivity
- Annual round-trip air tickets for faculty and up to 3 family members
- Free medical and dental care
- Education subsidy for faculty with school-age children
- Monthly transportation allowance
- Free bus services; on-campus, to local schools, and for shopping trips
KFUPM campus may be viewed online by clicking the following link to a You Tube Channel which showcases a recent KFUPM student video competition: https://www.youtube.com/user/kfupmendowment
Generous faculty leave with full pay includes; national and Islamic holidays, an inter-semester break, a mid-semester break and a long summer holiday.
Opportunities exist for separately contracted and paid employment on KFUPM daytime overtime, evening courses, short courses, and the KFUPM eight-week summer program.
- Place of Birth: the US, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand.
- Native speakers of English
- Graduate of an Anglophone university
- A full-time MA in TEFL/TESOL/Applied Linguistics or a related discipline plus two years’ post qualification overseas experience.
- Either a one-year postgraduate diploma in TEFL/TESOL from an accredited university plus two years’ overseas experience, or a RSA/UCLES DELTA with two years’ overseas experience.
- A BA/BSc degree with a full-time 120-hour postgraduate certificate in TEFL/TESOL including a practicum (e.g. CELTA, CTEFLA) plus five years’ experience.
You need to have the requirements below:
AND one of the following sets to apply:
If you are interested in applying to KFUPM and meet our requirements, send an e-mail to [email protected] and under subject write APPLICATION FORM 2016/17-PEP. In your e-mail include your C.V. including details of date of birth, place of birth and nationality at birth.
Previous applicants should not re-apply.
Suitable applicants will be sent a KFUPM application form and request for supporting documents. Subject to successful initial screening, you will be invited to interview. Online interviews will be conducted for applicants outside Saudi Arabia.