Academic English & Study Skills Teacher - Mitrovica, Kosovo, Europe
IBCM is seeking a seeking a highly motivated and adaptable English teacher, who is highly skilled at delivering fun and engaging lessons, for a short-term contract on a dynamic and exciting project. The principle role of the successful applicant will be teaching on, and acting as the main point of contact for, our High Schools English programme. This programme is a key part IBCM’s overall outreach and student recruitment strategy. By offering extra-curricular native-speaker English conversation classes to 16-18 year olds, we aim to reach out to and ultimately enrol high quality students from all over the region. The role will involve plenty of travel and work with different local communities. The position will also include teaching conversation classes at IBCM, and assistance with administrative tasks.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Developing and delivering a creative and engaging conversation based syllabus that builds confidence and promotes the core values of IBCM
- Creating an enthusiastic and engaging classroom atmosphere
- Comprehensively supporting and assisting with student recruitment from the high schools, including the facilitation of the IBCM entrance exam
- Acting as the main point of information and liaison between the high schools and IBCM
- Acting as an ambassador for IBCM in the classroom and in the communities visited
- Delivering conversational classes as part of other English programmes delivered by IBCM
- Undertaking ad-hoc administrative duties within the English department
- Monitoring and reporting on progress and development to the Head of English
The International Business College Mitrovica is a teaching institution for students of 18+ years, which offers internationally recognised 2-year vocational diplomas and 3.5-year Bachelor degrees in the fields of Marketing and Management, Public Administration and Environmental and Agricultural Management.
The college (IBCM) comprises of two campuses across the city of Mitrovica, serving the different communities present in the city. As an internationally oriented school, all courses are conducted in English. IBCM is characterised by its application-oriented approach, underscored by its institutional and programme accreditation across Europe, ensuring that its graduates hold a qualification that is relevant to the rapidly developing regional job market.
IBCM has had a new management structure since late 2013 and is moving towards long term sustainability, having received major initial development investment from governments across Europe.
- An international and dynamic working experience
- 900-1000Eur p/month
- Fully furnished accommodation in Mitrovica
- Return flights
- 5 month contract
- 35 days holiday (per annum)
- Native English speaker
- Recognised English language teaching qualification - TEFL, CELTA, DELTA, TESOL (or recognised equivalent)
- Good communication, social skills and sensitivity, and ability to work in a multicultural, post conflict setting
- Teaching experience with a similar age group is highly desirable
- Good team player, keen to see the department and college grow
- Marketing or sales experience would be an asset
You need to have the requirements below:
AND one of the following sets to apply: