Seeking ESL teachers to work with international students on the Embassy Summer campuses
- NY, Boston, LA
A friendly and outgoing personality is important! Teaching experience is preferred. We are accredited by ACCET and are a SEVIS approved institution.
Part-time during summer. 15 - 20 hours weekly on weekdays.
The ESL Instructor is responsible for ensuring that students benefit from the academic program by providing the student with the necessary skills to become proficient in English through grammar, reading, writing, speaking and listening.
Key Responsibilities include:
To plan and deliver ESL lessons to young adults or children as young as 10 years old that are appropriate to a summer school environment from Beginner to Advanced levels.
- To ensure and maintain proper levels of student discipline, welfare and safety of all students during the duration of the program
- To assist the Center Academic Director in the testing and placement of new students in classes
- To ensure daily attendance reports, progress reports and end of course reports are submitted to the Center Academic Director in a timely manner
- To attend and actively participate in all relevant staff meetings
- To ensure that classes start and finish on time and that all teaching sessions are adequately prepared for
- To complete end of course reports and certificates for all students
- To submit detailed lesson plans to the Academic Manager no less than 1 week prior to the start of a new arrival week
Embassy Summer is a division of Study Group which is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. We teach customized programs across higher, language and online education starting from High School to life-long learning.
Study Group operates our own colleges and also partners with leading universities across the UK, Europe, North America and Australasia. Our colleges nurture ambitious students from diverse academic backgrounds and prepare them for success at their chosen university. We provide on and off-campus education through International Study Centres (ISCs) in partnership with leading universities. Our pathway programs provide the language, academic and social skills that students need for university progression and continued success in a global society. Study Group language and career programs create new opportunities for students to fulfil their academic or professional goals.
Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 63,000 students from 170 countries in 2014. University partners trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
We offer a competitive salary, room and board included at some locations and a fun and rewarding summer environment working with students from all over the world.
To be considered for an ESL teaching position at our schools you must have:
- A bachelor's degree;
- An English language teaching certification (TEFL /TESL Certificate, CELTA, CTEFL or equivalent such as ELL courses in a credential program)
- A minimum of one year of ESL or foreign language teaching experience in a classroom situation.
Embassy practices communicative language teaching which is learner-based rather than teacher-based. A friendly and outgoing personality is very important! Overseas teaching experience and knowledge of a foreign language are also preferable attributes. We are accredited by ACCET and are a SEVIS approved institution.
You need to have the requirements below:
AND one of the following sets to apply:
If you meet the above qualifications apply on line at http://apply.embassysummer.com/apply/bEAMr9/2017-USA-ESL-Instructor