English instructor wanted for Bernard English School
Full time English teacher wanted at Bernard English School.
Hours: 35-40 working hours/week, 23-28 (average) teaching/class hours/week, weekdays around 2-10pm, Sat around 10am-8pm.
Contract: One-year renewable
Start date: February 1, 2017
Teach small groups (1-5 people) conversational English. Students range 3 to over 80 years, with 60% junior high school age or younger. Young learners follow a textbook guided curriculum, while adult students choose between conversation-based or textbook-based classes. Teachers may spend non-class time on personal pursuits.
Teaching location: Tsukuba City, Ibaraki (teachers are assigned to multiple schools in the greater Tsukuba area).
- Salary: Base of 185,000yen/month plus 2300yen/teaching hour over 80 hours/month (average teaching load 90-100 hours/month) "negotiable."
- Will sponsor or renew visa.
- Accommodation: furnished company apartments are available for lease, however the school will gladly assist in finding other lodging.
- Completion bonus, transportation allowance, attendance bonus,
- 8 weeks of scheduled holiday throughout the year, free weekly Japanese lessons, company car available at small lease fee, to two weeks of initial paid training, and ongoing training.
Native English speaker, BA/BS, and International/Japanese driver's license required. Experience working with young children preferred. You don't have to reside in Japan. Will sponsor or renew visa.
You need to have the requirements below:
AND one of the following sets to apply:
Apply by fax or e-mail with CV/resume, photo, and availability. Contact Frank Pridgen. Bernard English School. Tsukuba City, Ibaraki, Japan. Fax 029-856-2341.
Email: [email protected]