Position: Full-time Native English Teacher in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Do you want to change your life? Do you want to change your students' lives?
The world is full of people who have dreams – dreams of a successful career, dreams about moving abroad, dreams about traveling to far off places. At Wall Street English, we help people realize their dreams. By teaching English with us, a door of opportunity opens to a new future for both you and your students.
Through a total English environment and our small, intimate classes with motivated adults you can see the true difference you are making. With on-going training, professional development opportunities and support you will see the difference in yourself. Start this exciting journey by sending us your CV and let’s see where we can go together.
Wall Street English, a world class company and member of the Pearson global family, operates English language learning centers in 28 countries across the globe. Due to our recent growing success in Vietnam, we are currently seeking certified and talented teachers who are looking for international experience while working with like-minded colleagues from all backgrounds in a professional and premium environment. For more information, please also have a look at our website, http://wallstreetenglish.edu.vn/
You can visit our recruitment pages here.
- Great premises (light, bright and air-conditioned) with a focus on open spaces, comfortable and relaxing study/teaching areas and high quality furnishings.
- Small class sizes. Core classes have a maximum of 4 students which means the teacher can focus on teaching, rather than crowd control.
- A modern and effective approach to language learning which is constantly reviewed and updated.
- Comprehensive teaching materials. Some classes are pre-lesson planned for you and others are left wide open to allow your creative juices to flow.
- Fun, friendly and professional colleagues. We hire only the best to ensure a positive and enjoyable workplace.
- Opportunities for career development and promotion.
Extraordinarily exotic and intensely fascinating, Vietnam has long captured the hearts of world travelers and especially in recent years, has become a priority stop for those looking for something beautiful, unique and inspirational. Stretching over 1,000 miles from the cooler mountainous border with China in the north all the way to the more tropical climate of the Mekong Delta in the South, Vietnam boasts 31 national parks, nearly 10 World Heritage sites and 8 biosphere reserves. It has diving and snorkeling, beaches and boating, surfing and kite boarding as well as jungle trekking, mountain climbing and caving. Whether you are looking for cultural delights, historical wonders, intercultural exchanges or just long walks through rice fields, Vietnam has it all.
Vietnam has a young population and this is evident in the energy of the people and their zest for life. It’s also an up and coming country that is reveling in the delights of modern society while keeping ahold of tradition and ancient ways. Ho Chi Minh City, where WSE is located, is the largest and most vibrant of Vietnam cities. It boasts a large population that likes to party, play sports, work hard and have fun. The city has a wonderfully warm climate and is within an arm’s reach of beaches, mountains, rice fields and jungles. Adventures can easily be had on day or weekend trips and with more time to spare, this city is a gateway for many other amazing destinations within South East Asia.
- Competitive, fixed monthly salary of 38 million VND
- Bonus of 1 month’s salary on completion of a year of teaching
- Full training
- Visa and work permits organized and paid for by Wall Street English Vietnam
- Medical check for work permit application & good quality health insurance
- Holiday allowance: 3 weeks + Vietnam national holidays which means 1 month for rest and relaxation or travel
- Consecutive days off
- Annual performance-based pay increase
- Airport pick up & support on arrival
- Assistance setting up bank account
- Our students are adult students only (16+) which allows for meaningful conversations and interactions between teachers and students
- World-class facilities and teaching resources
- Dedicated academic management team support and on-going professional development
- Free Vietnamese language lessons
- Social activities
- Volunteer opportunities
- Career pathway
- Option to transfer between our centers both within Vietnam and internationally
- Ability to move into senior positions including Head Office
Wall Street English has a reputation for having the highest standards among private language institutes in Vietnam.
- Native English speaker with a passport from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, or South Africa (Vietnamese immigration policy).
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university from one of the seven countries listed above (Vietnamese immigration policy).
- CELTA/Trinity certification or MA TESOL are strongly preferred, other TEFL certifications may also be considered.
- Be able to obtain a criminal record check from a national database from your country of citizenship (Vietnamese immigration policy).
- Dynamic with a passion for teaching and a commitment to real English education.
- An open mind towards new challenges, flexibility, a positive attitude, and the desire to help change futures.
You need to have the requirements below:
AND one of the following sets to apply:
Please send your updated CV/resume.
Email: [email protected]
Additional files such as scans of degrees, certificates, letters of recommendation, etc. will be asked for later in the recruitment process, so please don’t include them with your initial application.
Due to the large volume of candidates, only those who meet or exceed the requirements listed will be contacted.