Teach at Jabble in Japan
We are looking for ONE teacher for immediate start.
We are looking for an English instructor for our rapidly growing English school. This is an excellent opportunity for a hard-working individual that intends to stay in Japan for an extended period of time. We’re looking for an instructor to work at one of our current branches for a period of 1-2 years to learn our system, after which time a qualified instructor could open his/her own school*. The teacher’s salary would then be accelerated based upon the success of the school.
(*)Acceptance of this position does not guarantee a future management position. Promotion depends on the candidates work ethic and how well he/she fits the values stated in Jabble's mission statement.
At Jabble, we are trying to make a new style of English school. Our goal is to create a school where service and quality come first, where the focus on our students is genuine, while also providing the service and professional benefits of larger schools. Our schools have a small, at-home atmosphere, and our teachers know all of our students by name. Employing teachers that care about their standard of work is of utmost importance to us.
We are NOT looking for applicants that are just looking for a paycheck. We are looking for well-rounded individuals that genuinely care about their students, their coworkers, and the company they work for. We pride ourselves on the care and real improvement of our students, something that only happens when we work together as a team.
Our students are adults that take 45-minute man-to-man lessons or group lessons with a maximum class size of 4 students. We also have school functions (semi-regular drinking parties, hanami parties, Christmas parties, etc.) that are a great opportunity for our students to speak English outside the classroom. Teachers are expected to attend these events and must maintain a professional relationship with the students.
Please read our full job description over on our website.
The starting salary for this position is 280,800yen/month. A successful candidate that learns and excels at our system over a period of 1-2 years, then opens a new branch will have the opportunity to make much more than this, limited only by their own motivation. Annual raises will also be provided based upon professional improvement.
We are capable of visa sponsorship.
Working hours*: (46 lessons over 5 days)
Sat./Sun.: 10:00-18:05 (1 or 2 shifts)
Mon./Tues./Wed./Thurs.: 12:45-20:50 (1 or 2 shifts)
Mon./Tues./Wed./Thurs.: 10:00-20:50 (2 shifts)
*Shifts will be decided by Jabble based on branch needs.
8+ hour shifts include a 1-hour break.
Paid vacation (fixed holidays):
Spring: 1 week
Summer: 1 week
Winter: 2 weeks
All national holidays
We are looking for candidates that want to work toward the overall success of the school; someone that enjoys helping people, is motivated to succeed, and wants to make a better career for themselves in Japan. A lot of English schools hire just the minimum, but we are not looking for that teacher.
So our ideal candidate must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Is friendly and outgoing
- Is hard-working and self motivated
- Is willing and flexible to learn our style of teaching
- Is willing (and eager) to accept constructive criticism to become the best possible teacher
- Is someone that constantly strives to improve
- Is someone that maintains a professional appearance
- Is someone that is punctual
- Is someone that rarely calls-in sick to work
- Is someone that treats students professionally
- IS WILLING TO HAND OUT FLIERS
- Is someone that intends to stay in Japan for an extended period of time
- Has at least 3 years working experience*
*Prior English teaching experience is NOT required. A willingness to learn and desire to improve is more valuable. (Most teachers [even experienced teachers] have a lot to learn to become proficient at our teaching system.)
There are no exceptions to the following three points:
- THE APPLICANT MUST BE A NATIVE SPEAKER. (ENGLISH MUST BE HIS/HER FIRST LANGUAGE.)
- THE APPLICANT MUST CURRENTLY RESIDE IN JAPAN AND/OR HOLD A VALID WORKING VISA.
- *WE WILL NOT RESPOND TO APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT MEET THESE TWO CRITERIA.
- THE APPLICANT MUST BE WILLING TO COMMIT TO AT LEAST 3 YEARS AT JABBLE.
You need to have the requirements below:
AND one of the following sets to apply:
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply and include the following in your application:
- A cover letter, specifically written as to why you think you would fit at Jabble
- Resume, including an e-mail address and telephone number
- A professional photo
**Professional references will be required**