Enthusiastic teachers who enjoy working with kids needed for positions in Japan
Keio Academy, a Japanese company based in Nakatsu-City, Oita Prefecture is seeking enthusiastic, experienced English teachers to work full time.
This teacher will teach a variety of English classes of various sizes and skill levels. We have a curriculum and materials for the teachers to use but we want teachers to bring in their own expertise and lesson plans. We also have 14 other foreign staff from around the world to collaborate with. This position also involves participating in and helping to plan the various yearly events (such as, Christmas presentation, English summer camp, field trips and international parties).
Nakatsu City is a mid-sized castle town in northern Kyushu. It is the 3rd largest city in Oita Prefecture. It is big enough to be convenient but small enough to retain its charm. It is home to many shrines, temples, teahouses and the yearly Gion festival that is a major attraction of the area.
Nakatsu is also home to some very nice hiking trails, cycling paths and numerous hot springs. It is also very easy to get away for the weekend to a larger city like Kokura, Hakata or the resort town of Beppu, which are only a short distance by train.
In 1984 Keio Academy was founded in Northern Kyushu with the goal of establishing an elite school to enrich and enlighten its students in all areas of education. There are now four Keio Academy schools in Japan and one in [email protected] information (in Japanese) can be found at www.keio-ac.com Also please take a look at our class information video as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpIbQcHYzw0
- Starting salary of between 210,000-260,000yen a month based on experience and skill.
- 5 weeks of paid vacation (25 days plus the connected weekends) spread out throughout the year, 5 days of which are selectable.
- Visa sponsorship available
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to Nakatsu (up to 100,000yen)
- A native English speaker. English must be your first and primary language
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university
- A friendly, outgoing attitude for students
- Priority will be given to applicants with teaching licenses, teaching degrees or TESOL/CELTA/TEFL/ESL certification and/or experience teaching children
- This position requires the ability to drive in Japan and a Japanese or International driver’s license (can be obtained in your home country if you have a valid local license).
- Fluency in Japanese is not required but a basic understanding is helpful to communicate with the Japanese teachers.
You need to have the requirements below:
AND one of the following sets to apply:
If you are interested in working for Keio Academy, please send us:
- Your resume
- A cover letter
- A copy of your passport
- Two recent photos of yourself (a shot of your face and a full length shot with you dressed in business attire).
Optionally you may send us any other photos, videos or documents that let us know what kind of person/teacher you are.
Send them to [email protected]
After this we will send you the full application package