Rapidly-growing education technology company seeks high-quality English tutors for online tutoring
The purpose of Voxy's online teacher-led classes is to complement the language training and instruction that learners get with our self-study product. We offer private and group English classes via video chat to Voxy learners, where they can benefit from personalized instruction tailored to their real world needs.
Voxy is changing the way the world learns English and we need talented, committed and enthusiastic teachers to help this be achieved!
Voxy's proprietary personalization technology and exclusive partnerships with leading content publishers enable us to deliver a one-of-a-kind solution to over 2.5 million English learners across the globe. Our mobile and web applications make it possible for individuals to learn from the world around them, turning everyday experiences and content into fun, game-like activities. Our custom-built, live one-on-one and group tutoring platform brings the necessary human element front and center, and is a core piece of our methodology.
Voxy’s disruption of the $80B market for English language education has been recognized by leading education investors and the company has been deemed a pioneer by The New York Times, CNN Money, Fast Company, Mashable, Univision, Veja (Brazil), Venturebeat, and others. In August 2013, Voxy announced a strategic partnership with Pearson, the world’s leading learning company. This new partnership marries Pearson’s global scale with Voxy’s cutting-edge technology to connect with and improve the lives of the over two-billion people learning English worldwide.
Please contact us for more details.
- You are a native English speaker.
- You are available to teach at least 15 hours/week during our peak times. Our peak times are:
- 1am-11am EST weekdays
- 4pm - 1am EST weekdays
- 6am-5pm EST weekends
- You have experience with task-based language teaching.
- You have at least 3 years of English language teaching experience, including both private and group sessions.
- You have online English language teaching experience.
- You have or are currently pursuing a degree in education, linguistics or TESOL from a top-ranked university.
- You have or are studying to become a certified English language teacher.
- You are VERY tech-savvy, have a headset and camera, ethernet cable, and a strong internet connection.
- You are a problem-solver and can easily troubleshoot technical problems.
- You have multiple foreign language skills.
- You’re passionate about language learning and helping others achieve their language goals
You need to have the requirements below:
AND one of the following sets to apply:
To apply, email: [email protected]
And please provide:
A copy of your resume
A few words on why you'd love to teach task-based tutoring sessions for Voxy